Systems/DevOps Engineer (Platform Engineer)
We are looking for people to join our tech team in Spain (or willing to relocate). We embraced a remote-first approach that allows you to work from anywhere within Spain or from our offices.
LIFULL Connect is a Global Marketplace group that operates more than 250 vertical search sites in 63 different countries and 24 different languages. We are one of the world’s largest aggregation players in the Jobs, Cars and Fashion verticals and the biggest Real Estate aggregation network in the world - by far.
Our mission is to connect people and help them make some of the biggest decisions in their life. We are a tech company with plenty of opportunities to grow and where you can really have an impact. We are an innovative team of creative people and we are looking for team players that are humble, self-responsible, curious, passionate and willing to roll up their sleeves.
Our team context:
You will be joining our Tech team, whose goal is to collaborate, enable and facilitate tech stream-aligned teams of Lifull Connect.
To enable a working environment where we can innovate faster, adapt quicker and have a bigger impact, our tech teams are working in a challenged based system, taking on new challenging projects every few months. This means that at LIFULL Connect you will have the opportunity to also challenge yourself, evolve, share your knowledge and apply your skills to several ambitious projects.
Systems/DevOps Engineering is often pivotal in many tech conversations, because of its backbone-like nature. Things have to run smoothly all the time, but they also need to evolve and adapt quickly to technology changes, internal requirements of all sorts and innovation challenges. We are looking for an experienced Systems/DevOps Engineer who will be an active member of the team, focused on moving forward and achieving tech teams goals.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the development teams to implement scalable and robust solutions.
- Take a very hands-on approach to implement DevOps strategy right from requirements analysis, test design, estimates, test execution, reporting, escalation, communicating directly with Sysops and Development teams
- Provide and help to implement solutions within different teams.
- Building, improving and maintaining the technology stack in line with the company's growth. Ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions
- Improving automation our systems
- Orchestrating deployments in all our environments
- Monitoring application platforms and systems, assessing the potential impact on service quality
- Evaluate and collaborate with incidents happened in the platform, determining the affectation to user's experience, performance of our systems and security and how to avoid this in the future
- Documenting functional procedures
What you need to bring to the table:
- Knowledge and experience with public Cloud Platforms - AWS preferred, for security, resilience, performance, networking, availability, Blue-green deployments in context of business application.
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux CLI
- Experience with CI, CD and environments for different contexts
- Knowledge of Jenkins and Git Operations
- Experience with automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Chef)
- Experience with containerisation (Docker, Containerd)
- In-depth understanding of container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Familiarity managing relational and non relational databases (MariaDB, MySQL, ElasticSearch)
- Experience of writing programming languages other than Java (Python, Go, etc)
- Experience with diagnosing performance issues in production with custom metrics or APM tools.
Some of the things that will help you perform at your best:
- A remote-first culture that will allow you to choose where you want to work from (your home or our offices in Madrid or Barcelona)
- A unique and challenging job driven by bold objectives
- A lean, diverse and multi-regional company
- Full access to learning.oreilly.com and our internal learning resources
- A modern laptop with your choice of OS
- Online English lessons for all levels
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant, Transport, Kindergarten)
Does this sound like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!